In case you missed the news: Coca-Cola renewed the trademark for Ecto Cooler. Does this mean Ecto-Cooler is in our immediate future? I mean, it better be, but who really knows. Maybe they just renewed it so it didn’t fall into the wrong hands for nefarious ends. NEFARIOUS.
THIS IS NOT A DRILL. ECTO COOLER’S TRADEMARK HAS BEEN RENEWED!!!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/cgEWKeC7jY
— Resurrect EctoCooler (@ResurEctoCooler) November 26, 2015
Proton Charging delved in even further and found that there’s a listing of goodies trademarked for Ghostbusters in the coming years. The list is long and you can head over to the link to see all of it, but highlights include:
- SNOW GLOBES – Ring in the holidays with Slimer in a globe? I’m in.
- AIR MATTRESS SWIMMING FLOATS FOR RECREATIONAL USE – For swimming? Nonsense. Guests in the Rewind household sleep on Ghostbuster-themed air mattresses (complete with Ghostbuster sleeping bags).
- AMUSEMENT GAME MACHINES – WHAT YES.
- ELECTRIC TOY VEHICLES – Like a Power Wheels?
- SIT-IN AND RIDE-ON TOY VEHICLES – OMG YOU GUYS. I think there might be Ghostbuster Power Wheels. Can we get these big enough for us chunkers in our 30s to ride around in?
- ATHLETIC PROTECTIVE KNEE PADS FOR SKATEBOARDING, ELBOW GUARDS FOR ATHLETIC USE, ELBOW PADS FOR ATHLETIC USE – Time to be FUCKING ATHLETIC from now on!
- NON-MOTORIZED SCOOTERS – We have to scoot ourselves?
- ROLLER SKATES – Ghostbusters Roller Skates? So 90s!
- ROLE PLAYING GAMES – YES. But not in a weird RPG way. Wait… yes in a weird RPG way. Stop judging me.
- PIÑATAS – ARE YOU KIDDING ME. GIMMIE. I will bash Slimer’s head in for unending Slimer gummies.
- DOLL HOUSES – Could this possibly mean a Real Ghostbusters Statue of Liberty Playset?
- SLOT MACHINES – I already played a Ghostbusters slot machine and didn’t win a damn thing, but I welcome more of them.
- AMUSEMENT PARK RIDES – Oh. Yes.
We’re likely still a while away from seeing Ecto Cooler on our store shelves, especially an Ecto Cooler shelf as well-stocked as this Hi-C commercial brought to our attention by our Twitter pal Stingray Travel:
But there are still options to help tide you over. This summer, we made our very own Ecto Cooler:
A photo posted by Pop Rewind (@poprewind) on
The recipe was loosely based on this Ecto Cooler Recipe from Ghostbusters: Chicago Division.
We then added Cake Vodka, because Linz adds Cake Vodka to everything.
The Cake Vodka helps dull the void the absence of Ecto Cooler has left in our lives.